New Bedford

New Bedford

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Power Naps

July 31th: 6am wakeup. 6:10am wakeup for an easy morning run. 4 miles (31:19). Goupil said he was gonna run with me. Didn't happen. Saw him in the last mile of my run. Fist pounded like a boss. Back to the apartment to rush around to get to work by 7:30am. Burrito mix (brown rice, black beans, salsa, avocado, chili powder, cumen, cayenne powder, mozzarella cheese). No tortilla. Busy day at work with lots of emails sent to a bunch of different people.

Home by 4:30pm. Another day of relaxation before the 2nd run. I wasn't planning on napping, but it happened again. Not sure when I fell asleep, but I woke up 6:45pm groggy. Worked out well because I came crawling out of my room thinking I was running on my own. Goupil sitting on the futon ready to lace up the trainers. Sweet.

Easy 6++ miles (44:49). Relaxed run with Goupil. Strides in the parking lot. I was complaining that they were too short of a distance so mine were half-ass. Inside to foam roll, stretch and start up our mini-routine for strength trainings. 3x10 pushups, 3x10 situps, and 3x5 pull-ups.

Heated up my other serving of burrito mix for dinner. Made some fruit punch Gatorade. Showered and ate dinner in front of the boob tube for some Olympics. Bed by 10pm.

10.5 miles on the day. Both easy and relaxed. Quality eating and a necessary power nap. Heavy workout tomorrow on the track. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment