New Bedford

New Bedford

Friday, July 6, 2012

Regroup and Ease It Up

July 5th: 5:30am wakeup. Run with Goupil and Renee (37 year old woman from Willow Street) at 5:50am. 3.5+ miles (NT). Goupil had to pull off into the woods after all the spicy food eaten the day before so we continued on without him. We doubled back to pick him up. He veered off into the woods again. Nevermind. Ran a loop around the complex and finished up. Talked for a little bit in the parking lot before heading back inside to get ready for work. Peanut butter and Nutella double decker for lunch. Oatmeal with maple syrup for breakfast. Work 7:40-4:20pm. It was a normal day with a couple speed bumps.

Home by 4:45pm. I drove for the carpool this morning. We didn't do much before the run and we waited out the heat. I did cook a sweet potato while we sat on the couch. I get lazy after a later run so I usually don't feel like making dinner.

6:30pm out the door for an easy jogger. Goupil and I started conversing about the Firecrack 4 miler and how it went overall. The fact that I wasn't super disappointed with my performance wasn't a good thing. A bunch of things didn't click before/during the race. I didn't feel much pop in my legs during strides. I jogged the 3rd mile of the race and I didn't sprint the final stretch all that much. Goupil let me know that I've been racing alot and haven't taken much down time. I have taken a down week after bigger mileage weeks or races. So we decided I would race this weekend at the Boilermaker 15k and then take the next 2 weeks super easy. Days off and short days. My ankle/shin/calf/bottom of the foot has been bothering me the past week or so (all related to each other, it just depends on the day). It's all good though. A couple serious down weeks will do me good before the serious marathon training begins for the fall marathon. 8.5 mile (60:27). 12 on the day. Felt good and relaxed. Hot out. Goupil added on.

Back to the apartment to stretch, foam roll, tennis ball the foot, finish the dishes and drink a protein shake. Iced the "shin." Sweet potato quesadilla with peach salsa for dinner. Big Bang Theory. Bed early to rest up for Friday funday. Ibuprofen popped to help with the minor aches and pains.

And yes Boj, I do this everyday with ease. It's fun for me. The blog writing is stress relieving.

No comments:

Post a Comment