New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, July 2, 2012

Run. Rest. Repeat.

July 2nd: 5:30am wakeup. 3 mile shakeout (NT) with Goupil at 5:50am. Back for Rice Krispies and orange juice. Made a double decker PB&Nutella for lunch. Pretzels. Nature Valley bar. Nutrigrain bar. A few slices of homemade banana bread. Work 7:50am-4:20pm. I had to write a rent check in the morning. Goupil and I carpooled because we were previewing the course for Wednesday afte work at 5:30pm. We packed our running gear so we just left right after work up to Saratoga.

Ran with another guy from the running club. 4+ miles (32:08). Hot for the jog through and I was starving right before. Remembered I hadn't eaten my Nature Valley bar for lunch (lifesaver). Course isn't terrible. Mostly flat with one hill at like 3.5 miles. Should be a fun day. Hopefully walk away with a 4 mile PR.

Back to the house by 6:30pm to relax and ice up the legs. Protein shake. Goupil wanted to watch 21 Jump Street again. I was down. He hadn't returned it yet. Started watching at 7:40pm. Still hilarous as ever. I was defrosting chickken and Goupil had already ate before we turned the movie on. I ended up having a cream soda and the rest of my banana bread. Another successful dinner. Chicken will have to wait until lunch tomorrow.

Bed by 10:30pm. 7 miles on the day. Ease into the week. Another easy double run tomorrow to be well rested for the Firecracker 4 in Saratoga, NY.

No comments:

Post a Comment