New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Grossness

July 17th: 6:30am wakeup. Finished off my cereal and milk. Work 7:30am-4pm. Normal day. Kinda boring. Stayed inside most of the day and avoided the humidity. Chili for lunch and lots of it. Home by 4:30pm to immediately sit on the couch and wait out the run.

Goupil and I planned on an 8pm run. I was getting tired at 6pm so I retreated to my room to take a nap. Goupil printed out a couple calendars to write up the marathon training for the 11 weeks of serious mileage/workouts. I napped. I woke up at 8ish and not much movement outside my room. I emerged from my room and Goupil wasn't changed. So we slowly transitioned into run mode by 8:45pm.

Late night run. 5+ miles (34:04). My pale white skin was our reflective vest because it was too hot to wear a shirt AND a high visibility vest. Quick bathroom break at 2.5 miles or so. We finished and felt like we were cruising at a decent pace. The darkness of the night does that to you. Short stride and feeling quick. Still a solid run. Ankle feels better each day (knock on wood).

Back to the apartment to have a protein shake, shower and recede to bed at a somewhat early hour. Kinda tough when coming back from a run at 9:20pm. It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment