New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, July 9, 2012

Suzy Homemaker At Her Finest

July 9th: 6:00am wakeup. Bowl of Special K Honey and Vanilla for breakfast. Boar's Head black forest ham and lacey swiss cheese. Hot pepper rings in a separate tupperware to put on the sandwich at work. Work 7:20-3:50pm. Carpool with Goupil. Home by 4:30pm. Dropped off Goupil because he was running in Saratoga at a trail race at 6:15pm. I stopped off at Hannaford's to pick up tomato juice and mayo. Tomato juice for chili and mayo for sandwiches.

Back to the apartment to start making a bunch of food. No run today so I had tons of time. Washed some dishes. Started making chili. Caught up with Jared Samuel on life while I made chili. Things were going smoothly until one of the cans of beans pop top broke and the can opener wasn't working on it. I decided to press down to open it. Boom! Explosion of bean juice all over my shirt and all over the counter. Oops. Continued choppping up vegetables and throwing it all in. I forgot the recipe just fits in the slow cooker with the exception of less tomato sauce and tomato juice. I added those first by mistake. Oh well. Slowly removed the top layer of fat/liquid as it cooked. Right after I finished making chili, I started making pasta salad and sweet potato fries. Egg noodles with fresh mozzarella, vidalia onions, green and red peppers, and diced up tomato. Everything minced up small. Cooked up some chicken stripes. Tossed the pasta salad with the veggies and what not in a big Pyrex dish to cool off. Tossed the chicken in another Pyrex dish to cool off as well in the fridge. Sweet potato fries cooking in the oven. Talked with Kimber about my day while I waited for dinner to cool/cook. Dinner was amazing.

Goupil home by 8:30ish. Chilled the rest of the night. X-Men Origins: Wolverine on FX. Bed somewhat early for another day at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment