New Bedford

New Bedford

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Muscle Memory

July 24th: 6:30am wakeup. This is my last day of oatmeal for breakfast. Grocery shopping was the plan after work and a load of laundry. I was feeling disorganized and jumbled the last couple weeks. This week will be focused on getting back into a routine and bringing structure back into my day. Work 7:30am-4pm. Alyssa forgot to do timecards/weekly reports for Colden. I helped a sista out and completed those in the morning. Lunch was burrito mix in tupperware. For the short preparation time in the morning, it was bomb. Layer of mozzarella cheese, rice and beans, salsa and topped with more mozzarella cheese. Threw in some spices. Mmmm.

Stopped off at Da Choppa on my way home for grocery shopping. Milk, meat, lots of veggies, cereal, orange juice, and all that good stuff. I was suffering from a lack of my essentials. Home by 5:00ish. Washed some dishes, put in a load of laundry (running clothes since I wore one pair of shorts the last 4 or 5 runs). Walmart for two big containers of powder Gatorade, body soap and a couple candy snacks for work (peanut M&Ms and caramel chunks). Finally got out for a run at 8:15pm by myself. Goupil was heading down to Colonie for the free local track meet for the 2 mile. Plan was 8 or 9 miles since it was late. Ended up being 10+ miles (62:16). Sweet. I thought maybe 9ish. I know I only took one real down week, but it feels like it will take longer to get back in shape. I didn't really lose any fitness for that 20 mile week. Oh, and I saw a skunk in the last 1/2 mile of my run. It scared me for a second because it was mad stealth. Glad I didn't get sprayed.

Back inside to stretch, foam roll and force myself to make some type of dinner. I decided on a little burrito mix with avocado, salsa and cheese. A San Francisco beer to cap off the night. Bed at a decent hour for a workout in Albany. Should be interesting. First workout in 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment