New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, July 9, 2012

Records Are Meant To Be Broken

July 7th: 8am wakeup. Back to bed. Out of bed at 9:15pm. Felt amazing to sleep in and not have to try. The only reason I got out of bed was nature was calling my name. Goupil and I headed out for a easy 5 miler (37:01).

Back to shower and head to the library to photocopy my ID for Joe Benny in order to pick up my race packet early for Boilermaker. Drove down to Albany to drop it off at his house. No problems there. Back to my apartment by 1ish.

The rest of the day consisted of attempting to watch a movie (ended up napping by the middle of the movie) laundry, and grocery shopping. The grocery shopping was an all time high by a long shot. $139.74. I basically bought everything in the store and a bunch of each. The items included: 2 things of orange juice, salad dressing, butter, yogurt, oatmeal, milk, Nutrigrain bars, Nature Valley Bars, mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, cold cuts (ham and swiss cheese), tortillas, bananas, sweet potatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, green and red peppers, avocado, vidalia onions, hotdogs, tomoatoes, mushrooms, cereal (3 boxes), cumin, beans, tomato sauce, potato chips, pretzels, bread, eggs, chicken, ground beef, paper towl, salsa, and rolls. It was awesome. My plan was on some bulk dishes such as chili and pasta salad.

Watched Snatch and ended up being yelled at to go to bed instead of falling asleep on the couch or struggling to stay awake. The nap was necessary and lasted 2+ hours. Woke up to do some dishes. Goupil headed out for a run while I just chilled. He walked into the door around 6:30pm and I was about to make chili. He asked if I was going to the pasta party. I said I wasn't planning on it. He showered and we headed out just before 7pm.

Pasta dinner at McCarthy's and convinced people to go to TCBY for dessert. Goupil and I went with the bigger container. Uh oh! New record! $10.27 later with lots of fruit and delicious fro-yo. I was the first one to finish as well because I'm a beast at eating.

Home at a decent hour to gather up some stuff for the Boilermaker and bed. 4am wakeup. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment