New Bedford

New Bedford

Friday, September 28, 2012

Delays and Confusion

September 27th: 5:55am wakeup. 4 miles (29:39) at 6:15am. Back for a couple eggs overeasy with toast. Made a protein shake. No real lunch items. Work 8am-5:15pm. Busy day and lots of stuff to do. PB&J and a half avocado for lunch. A couple packets of mini Oreos after lunch from the vending machine. End of the day crap that forced me to stay later than I wanted. Delay #1.

My laundry was already in my car so I drove over to wash the essentials (running attire, boxers and socks). I organized in the morning I always wash my running stuff separately (they get the honor of a whole separate hamper). I sorted out the everyday wear socks and boxers out of the huge pile of clothes in my room (in the morning). A couple t-shirts and a towel for the weekend. Two loads. One finished and transferred it to the dryer. Open up the other one and it's full of water. Hmmm. I asked the manager there and she came over. "Too much. Too much." Okayyyy, what do you want me to do with that information? She mumbled some things in Chinese so I had no idea what she was saying. She ended with "Change. Change." She stated this as she was signaling to move my sopping wet clothes to the adjacent washer machine. Sounds like a plan. Delay #2 of the day.

Everything worked out and I made it back to the apartment by 7:30ish. Goupil finished his run already and started up on push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups. I changed up and scrambled to find my calf sleeves. Goupil and I discussed the major incidents from the day as I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off attempting to locate my calf sleeves. Finally found them underneath a bag and was out the door for 6 miles (40:38) at 8:15pm. End of delays for the day.

Back to the apartment to foam roll, strength train, make a protein shake, eat a cold piece of pizza, shower and make it to bed by 10:30pm.

10 miles on the day. Happy with the slight taper week so far. Long run on Saturday with Ferenc/Goupil and anyone that wants to join. 2.5 hours. Sweetness!

No comments:

Post a Comment