New Bedford

New Bedford

Friday, September 7, 2012

Upswing

September 5th: 6:30am wakeup. Already decided not to run in the morning. 7:15am out of bed to toast a bagel and take a hot shower. Feeling better especially with the excessive gargling of mouthwash and apple cider vinegar. Work 8am-4:30pm. Bought lunch for the 1st time at work. Big waste of money, but oh well.

Home by 5pm. I was feeling better, but I didn't want to make the trip down to Albany and not complete the workout. Ran over to Shen High School for a warmup. 3+ miles (22:36). I was abbout to walk on to the track and Derrick calls me over to his car. I didn't know he was gonna be there, but it's all good. He changed up and we hopped onto the track for strides/warmup. A field hockey game was in session with a crowd so it made it more motivating to run well in the workout.

Goupil wanted me to do 4x800 and 4x400. Smooth from the beginning. 2:34, 2:33, 2:30, 2:30, 72, 72, 71, 69. 4+ mile cooldown (28:34). 12 miles on the day.

Home to foam roll, shower and have a protein shake. No dinner because I didn't have much of an appetite. Store brand shot of Nyquil, a Mucinex, and bed by 8pm. Boom! Mad early.

Oh, and here's the article for those who haven't seen it. Let me know if you have trouble opening it.

http://www.levelrenner.com/wp-content/uploads/issues/Issue%20009%20-%2008212012.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment