New Bedford

New Bedford

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Aqua Jogging

September 18th: Forgot to set an alarm so I woke up to Goupil shuffling to get ready for his morning run. It took me a couple minutes to get out of bed so I just let him head out on his own. I popped out soon after for an easy 4 miles (29:02). Kinda chilly and rainy. Half tights and a few layers on top to keep warm. Back for some eggs and a protein shake. Work 8am-4:30pm.

Stopped off at Da Choppa. Worst day to shop. I was in desperate need of groceries. I was soaked walking from my car to the apartment. Worth it and I made the $90 dolllars worth of groceries in one trip. Yeah buddy! Home by 5:45pm. Some hard rain throughout the day caused some minor flooding in Clifton Park. By the time Goupil and I laced up the old (rainy day) trainers, it was down pouring and rivers everywhere. It turned into a huge puddle stomping/river running excursion. Loads of fun. 8 miles (56:48). Drenched and toast. Legs felt like we went 10-12 miles (it's going in the books at 8), but its all good. We were running through almost knee deep water at times. We stayed off the main roads so we were able to run through the flooded neighborhoods multiple times.

Back to the apartment to pop into a hot shower and stretch after. Pete Thomas always had us shower right away after rainy day runs. Steak marinating in some seasoning and Italian dressing. Strength training while the steak was cooking. Mushrooms and onions to top the piece of meat. Big salad with cucumbers, red peppers, avocado, tomato and mozzarella cheese. Ranch dressing to add to the multiple flavors already in there. Mmmmm. So good. I had to use two plates because there was so much food. Ate the salad and most of the steak. Kept some for leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Pull-ups before bed. Bed by 11pm.

12 miles on the day with an adventurous run in the evening. Definitely needed to remember why I go for a run everyday. The entertainment and relaxation factor. I don't know what I would be doing if I didn't run everyday (more sleeping and less eating).

Oh and the Subie hit 211,000 miles. Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment