New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Double It Up

September 8th: 5:30am wakeup. Bagel for breakfast. Over to Globalfoundries (yeah, not my idea of a Saturday morning) to help volunteer at the Malta 5k with AREEP. The only time I will drive in that direction on a Saturday, not for work. Set up and take down. Out of there by 10am. I banged myself by cutting my finger and knee. As well as hitting my head while jumping back into the back of the truck. I felt like a blacked out for like 10 seconds. I felt nausea, but recovered.

Back to the apartment for an easy 5 miles (34:24). Back to stretch, foam roll, and shower up. Made a grilled cheese with avocado. Sat down on the couch to watch a Netflix movie. Picked out Conan The Barbarian (the remake). My eyes got heavy so I pounded a Redbull. No affect. I think I might be the only person that has the ability to pass out for 4 hours immediately after pounding an energy drink.

Woke up to no power. Thunderstorm and lots of wind. Played my racing game on my iPad to kill time. Goupil and I started to get really bored so we went out for another 5 miles (35:20). We were gonna wait until we got power back to ensure we could shower after the run. As we were getting changed, the power came back on. I was about to go number 2 in the dark. Now I didn't have to do that.

Back to the house to stretch, foam roll, and make a big ole dinner. Goupil and I made almost the exact same dinner. Salad with cheese and avocado. A nice juicy steak (I went with grilled onions while Goupil went with raw in his salad). It was pretty cute that we ate the same dinner. Chowed down our food and watched Mighty Ducks: D2 on TV.

Bed at a decent hour to rest up for the 5k tomorrow in Albany.

No comments:

Post a Comment