New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day Off From Work

September 10th: 8am wakeup. Rolled around in bed downstairs in the basement. Out of bed by 9am. Said my goodbyes to my sisters as they drove to the airport and Sarah drove back with her fiance, Bob, to Leominster, Mass. I ate a couple sugar cookies with jelly in between them for breakfast. Once everyone left, I went out for my 5 miles (35:18) down some side neighborhood roads.

Back to my house to stretch and relax. My mom was in major cleaning mode and I wasn't. It didn't mix. Fell asleep for an hour. Woke up hungry, which I think was my problem the whole time. I didn't eat breakfast and I didn't really eat after my run. I had a protein shake, but that was it. Made a sausage, pepper and onion wrap. Added pepper jack cheese and red relish to make it uber delicious. Gave me some energy to help my mom. Returned some tables we borrowed to a friend downtown. Made some money doing the bottle deposits at the grocery store. $3.55. Woohoo.

Out for my 2nd run at 5:30pm. 10 miles (65:44). Smooth run and legs didn't feel the 5k from the day before. Sweetness. Packed up my things and made the trek back to NY by 8:30pm. Mom supplied me with some leftovers and snacks. My dinner consisted off black licorice and a couple bottles of water.

Back to the apartment by 11:15ish and bed by 12am. It was great to not be at work on a Monday.

15 miles on the day. A great start to the week and a push for a couple high weeks before the drop in mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment