New Bedford

New Bedford

Saturday, September 22, 2012

YOLO

September 19th: 5:50am wakeup. Made it out for a 4+ miler (29:30). Unfortunately, I did not do my usually 2 miles out and back through the Shen High School campus. I decided to head down the out and back 3. I wish I didn't. I saw a German Shepherd on the side of the road. I saw it on the way out. On the way back, I shouted, "Hey buddy!" to just hope for the best. No movement. Just continued back to the apartment. Eggs overeasy for breakfast. Work 8am-4:30pm. Another day down. Leftover steak with mushrooms and onions. Double decker PB&J. Banana. It was nice to have lots of food for lunch with the all the grocery shopping I did. Three meetings to make the day go by quickly. Banana at the end of the day.

Home by 4:45pm. Immediately changed up for the Albany workout. Down there by 5:30pm. A few laps on the track before the actual team warmup. 4 total (27 + strides). The workout was 16x400 with 200 rest. Start at 78 and work down to 68. Went fairly smoothly. 78, 78, 77, 76, 75, 74, 75, 75, 72, 72, 71, 71, 69, 69, 69, 64). 33:51 total time. 5:39 pace. Chilly so I rocked a hat and half tights. 4 mile cooldown (28:52). Bundled up with a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

Out to Ninety-Nine (99 Restaurant) for dinner with Goupil and Dick Vincent (ARE coach). I was in the mood for a hearty dinner. Country fried chicken and garlic red mashed potatoes with gravy. Corn and honey butter biscuit. A couple waters to wash everything down. It almost felt like a home cooked meal. My mom never makes country fried chicken, but it's someone's home cooked meal somewhere.

Home by 9:30pm. Shower. Bed by 10:30pm.

18+ miles on the day. Productive day and a nice change of gears with the 400s. Felt strong and controlled.

No comments:

Post a Comment