New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, April 26, 2012

No Watch Workout

April 25th: 4:30am wakeup. Out the door for a 3 mile shakeout run by 4:40am. Back a little after 5. No time for the run beacuse it was unneccesary. Back to stretch, make my lunch (3rd day in a row that I prepared a PB&J sandwich), Frosted Flakes for breakfast, and out the door by 5:40am. Oh, and a rinser in the shower somewhere in that routine.

Work 6:00-3:00pm. Tool turn-ons were rescheduled for today. Much smoother. Two could not be turned-on so they needed to be locked out tagged out (LOTO). Big meeting at the end of the day with safety reps and other big wigs. Home to relax. Dropped off my application for the apartment. Walmart for Gatorade and an assortment of bars (Balance bars and two kinds of Clif bars). Back to wash some dishes and get ready for my workout. Goupil was meeting me there after he got out of work.

Chen High School at 5:15pm. Warmup 3 miles (22:25). Met Goupil in the parking lot. Jogged into the school to find a bathroom. One of the teachers unlocked the faculty bathroom to let me use it. I was not mistaken for a student. Sweet and clean bathroom! Double whammy! Ca-chang! Out to the track to switch into flats. Strides and stretching.

Goal workout was 1xmile, 4x800, 4x400. All half rest and alternating between the 800's and 400's. A bit windy out and legs a little off. Solid workout though. No watch (Pete Thomas thing). Run on feeling. Goupil was taking my splits and I couldn't look at em until the workout was over. Splits: 4:45, 2:27, 71, 2:23, 71, 2:21, 70, 2:20, 63. Tough and definitely tired at the end. Rest was honest and kept under 7 minute for most of it. 33 minutes for the 6 mile workout. 5:30 pace. Goupil let me know that I have the endurance, but the speed isn't quite there. Changing gears in the 400's was difficult from what he observed. It was the first day that I truly felt like Goupil was my coach. It was cool and helpful. I can see where coaching yourself can be complicated at certain points. 2.5+ mile cooldown (20:57). Slow because the calves were sore. 14.5 on the day.

Back to the apartment by 7ish. Protein shake and television. Attempted to attack my taxes (these are ones I have to pay quarterly because I am a contractor). Headaches and more headaches. Ending up calling a co-worker's mom because she works for the IRS. Helped a ton and will be filing them this weekend. Dinner after 9pm. Quick burger with the sautéed veggies from the night before. Bed just after 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment