New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, April 9, 2012

Long Day of Driving

April 8th: 5am wakeup. Snoozed until 5:15am. Bathroom. Felt hungover, but I didn't drink anything the night before. I almost threw up in the sink. I was okay. Out the door for a run at 5:40am. 4.5 mile loop. Tasted gravy and onions for the first couple miles. Stopped back at the house to empty myself out on the toilet. Felt wayyyy better. Out for another 2.5+ miles at a solid clip. Back to pick up Sarah for another 5 miles (40:15). 12+ (1:32:56). Foam rolled and stretched before some of the most delicious French Toast with amazing bread (maple raisin walnut, chocolate chocolate chip, and some multigrain shiznit). Packed up everything before heading to my Aunt Kathy's in Wallingford, CT, at about 10:15am.

Arrived at 12:30pm. Went for a mini hike in the trails behind the house. Relaxed for a bit. Dinner. Lamb and Ham. Double stuffed potoatoes. Corn. Asparagus. Carrots. Rolls. Great to be around a table full of people I don't see a bunch. Updated people with my new job. Cleaned up. Dessert and eventually on the road by 7pm. No traffic whatsoever. I did have to stop at a rest stop to rest. Just sat there in my car and opened up the jelly beans for some sugar intake. Home by 9:40pm. Goupil already fast asleep. Bed by 10pm. Gonna be a rough Monday.

65 miles for the week. Okay week, but I will now be back to 70-80 mile weeks for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment