New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, April 30, 2012

Double It Up!

April 29th: 8:30am wakeup. Rolled around in bed while Kimber was fast asleep. Out of bed at 9:15 to sit on the couch. Kimber finally erupted out of bed. Groggy and not excited to be awake :O Relaxed on the couch and snacked on some Ritz crackers, Nutella and Frosted Flakes.

Out the door for a easy 4 mile run at 11am. No time. Easy with Kimber. Beautiful out for only being 50 degrees. Back to eventually prepare breakfast. Omelettes with spinach, mushrooms, onions and cheese. Delicious. We were starving by the time they were ready. Chowed down and ate my 4 egg omelette with twice the amount of veggies as Kimber's 2 egg omelette in about half the time. That's because I'm a beast when I eat (aka I basically inhale my food). Relaxed and cuddled on the couch for a while. Kimber napped for a bit. I received a call from Goupil letting me know they were showing the apartment in 5 minutes (@ about 3:15pm). Slipped on some shoes and out the door to hit up the Target. I grabbed a thing of undershirts, adhesive bandage, a couple boxes of white chocolate macadamia nut Clif bars (on sale), and a Twix bar while I was in line. Temptation got the best of me. It didn't take much.

Kimber headed out at 5ish and I was out for a second run (long run) at 5:40pm. Mapped out a 15 mile route. A modified 11 mile loop that we usually run. Worked out great. Mostly secluded roads except for a mile of Grooms Road. Other than that, I passed by grass fields and an apple orchard. Beautiful run and prime weather. Ended up cruising right out the gate. Clipping off 6:45's for the first 5 miles. Through 8 miles in 53 and change. Next 5 at 6:00's. Last 2 miles in 11:02. Last mile in 5:25. Route was 15 miles in 1:34:20. 6:17 pace. Rocked the Kinvara 2's. Most likely will grab another pair of em, if not two. 19 miles on the day. 80 miles for the week. 

Back to stretch, foam roll, protein shake, and icing the legs. Leftovers from Ravenwood's. Sweet potato fries and the spicy chicken special with garlic, red peppers, onions, and Alfredo sauce. Showered and bed before 10pm. Goupil home at 10ish and some pillow talk to catch up on the weekend before dozing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment