New Bedford

New Bedford

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Tying Up Loose Ends

August 26th: 7am wakeup. Chilled in bed for a bit. Up to make a single packet of instant oatmeal, wash some dishes, and get ready for a tempo long run. Equipped myself with all the necessary gear. Full calf socks, official long run shorts (pockets galore), singlet, mile markers on a piece of paper, and a watch (cleared of all data) to take splits. Mapped out a run that was a double loop plus a loop through Chen High School and neighborhoods. 17 miles (1:41:52). Overall an fairly even run with a slight negative split overall. 31:06 (1st loop relaxed), 29:43 (the 1st loop in reverse), 12:06 (shook it out and got ready for the last 5), 28:57 (last mile I suffered and should of finished up low to mid 28s). I did have my emergency Clif Liquid Gel Fuel that was used at mile 13+. I found a hose faucet behind the snack bar for the practice football fields to wash it down. Splashed my face, soaked my hair, and gulped a few sips out of my cupped hands. Lifesaver. Finished up strong. Legs were feeling the pace the last few miles, but I pushed through the pain.

Back to the apartment to foam roll, cool off, make a protein shake and chill on the couch for an hour plus. I was getting hungry and I had minimal food. Scarfed down a plain tortilla and changed up to swing by Da Choppa. Kept the calf socks on and threw on a pair of pants. Picked up all the essentials. Cold cuts, meat, cereal, OJ, veggies, bagels, bananas, yogurt, rice and a 5lb bag of angel hair pasta.

Back to apartment to make a monster double decker ham and Swiss cheese sandwich. Toasted bread, heated/melted cold cuts under the broiler and the addition of banana peppers, hot pepper relish and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. It was a serious sandwich.

Flipped on Being John Malkovich with the power of Netflix. Once completed, I swung by the laundromat to revive 3 full loads of dirty clothes. Sheets, towels, all of my boxers (rocking running shirts right now), and all that other good stuff.

Back to the apartment for dinner and some Netflix. The Hard Times of RJ Berger and a salad. A salad with chicken, caramelized onions, green pepper, cucumber, avocado, and cheese. Fat free ranch to keep it extra healthy. Oh and I purchased some Stewart's on my way home from the laundromat. Kimber reminded me as we were Skyping before bed. Snacked on some chocolate peanut butter cup. Bed by 11pm.

93 miles on the week. Tough workout and a quality long run. Down week with a day off. Alumni @ Keene State!

No comments:

Post a Comment