New Bedford

New Bedford

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Ease Off

August 21st: 5:45am wakeup. Tough to push myself out of bed. Finally out the door at 6:18am. Goupil was running with Renee at 6:15pm. He wasn't ready yet and he was only running 3 miles. I had to get in 5. I was in a bit of a time constraint. So I just bolted out the door and greeted Renee in the parking lot as I passed by. 5 miles (34:28) for the brisk morning. I could of used a long sleeve for the first half or so. Back to foam roll, shower (toast a bagel to make the best of my limited time), and pack my lunch. Honey and wheat bagel with butter. Work 7:30am-4pm. Car made it to work just fine after the tragic mishap yesterday. Radiator got pushed in somewhat so I got fix that at some point on my own time. I was dragging the last couple hours. Rice and beans for lunch (with onions, peppers, avocado, salsa, cheese, and seasonings).

I made it home by 4:30ish. I crashed on the couch for an hour+ to nap. I think the adrenaline rushing and everything yesterday tired my body a bit. Plus, the shoulders and neck are a tad bit sore. I have been icing them and popping the store brand Aleve (naproxen sodium) to reduce swelling.

Goupil and I ran at around 6:45pm. Almost 7.5 miles (50:23) around town. The tempo 7 mile loop with a slightly modified beginning.

Back to the apartment to foam roll, strength training (push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups), and shower. I had to emergency stop on the run at about 4 miles in the woods. My stomach wasn't feeling amazing so I just went with a cheese quesadilla with salsa. I tossed it on the middle rack under the broiler and closed the door. Sorta forgot about it and crisped the top real good to a dark golden brown. I had to scrap it off and flip it over. It was like brand new. Still tasted good. Shower and bed by 10:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment