New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Two Extremes

August 28th: 5:50am wakeup. I heard rain coming down, but the temperature was warm. Out the door at 6:15am for an easy run. I ended up just being shy of 5 miles (33:40). I prepared myself well for the run with older trainers and a hat to shield my glasses from the rain. It went downhill by mile 1 because it started to pour. The Chen high school trails flood and puddles (small lakes) form throughout the entire trail. I didn't double back on the trail and looped around on the sidewalk.

Back to the apartment to ring out my shirt and jump in the shower immediately. Cinnamon raisin bagel for breakfast that was eaten on the ride to work. Double decker ham and cheese sandwich for lunch. Work 8am-4:30pm. Busy day at work that made the hours fly by super fast.

Home by 5pm. Relaxed and got changed up for a tempo run. Mapped out a random 8++ mile loop. Progressive run to average 6 min pace. Warm up of a mile followed with the clipping off of the pace through out the remainder of the run and finishing up the last 2 miles in 11:15 (5:37). Smooth run and cruised the whole way. It felt like the morning run was a completely different day because I was shirtless and sweating in 80 degree weather for my 2nd run.

Back to the apartment to foam roll, strength training and shower up. Rice and beans with homegrown onions, avocado, and green pepper. Lots of cheese, but no salsa. Still delicious. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow. No plates so I used a bowl. Goupil resorted to a tupperware top for his pizza.

Some television and bed at a decent hour.

13 miles on the day between two totally different runs. Big day of mileage tomorrow with a workout in the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment