New Bedford

New Bedford

Saturday, August 25, 2012

No Morning Run Again

August 23rd: 6:00am wakeup. The schedule asked for a single afternoon run of 10 miles, but I wanted to split it up maybe 3 and 8-9. Nope. Slept in until 6:35am and it felt amazing. No biggie. Cinnamon raisin bagel for breakfast. Made a double decker PB&J while it was toasting. Work 7:30am-4pm. Just another day at work. We are receiving more direction and assignments from upper management so the days go by faster.

Home by 4:30pm. Chilled out for a while. I started changing up around 6pm. Goupil was moving a muscle so I headed out at 6:30pm for a semi-exploration run. Ran through a few side neighborhoods, popped into the Kinns Roads trails for a loop, and back through Chen High School campus. I did have to stop at mile 1 and mile 5 to poop. 11 miles (78:13) in the books.

Back to stretch, foam roll and do my strength training (push-ups, sit-ups, and pull-ups). I showered up and figured out what I wanted to make for dinner. I hadn't gone grocery shopping all week so it was somewhat slim pickings. Chopped up some onion, green pepper and an avocado. Sauteed that up and melted some cheese on half of a tortilla. Threw on the veggies for a quesadilla. Mmmm. Black bean and corn salsa to top it off. Bed by 10:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment