New Bedford

New Bedford

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Leftovers Are So Key

August 2nd: 5:30am wakeup. Out of bed by 5:40am. Out the door by 5:50am. Super easy 5 miles (38:28). First mile was 8:20 and last mile was a blazing 7:32. Finished off the milk for the bowl of Honey Nut Cherrios for breakfast. I had time to kill in the morning because I only ate half of my DiBella's sub for dinner last night.  Always thinking ahead because the last thing I wanted to do this morning was make lunch. Work 7:30am-4pm. Normal day at work. The spicy ham sub was just as good the next day. In the cafeteria, they are showing the Olympics over the projector big screen. Makes lunch more entertaining than just people watching.

Home by 4:30pm. I tried staying awake on the couch, but Goupil (Jeff, same person) told me to go nap. So I did. Attempted 20 minutes nap turned into an hour nap. Woke up at 6:45pm and changed up for an easy run. 7 miles (50:37) through the residential neighborhoods to avoid any main roads. Relaxing and comfortable run. Sore, but a good sore from yesterday's long workout.

Back to the apartment to cool off and do some core/strength. Same deal as Tuesday. 3x10 situps, 3x10 pushups and 3x5 pullups. Salad with chicken, shredded cheddar, avocado, carmelized onions and peppercorn ranch dressing. FaceTimed with my mom. Made enough for two servings for lunch tomorrow.

Watched a bunch of Olympics and bed by 11pm. 12 miles on the day. Recovery to the max.

No comments:

Post a Comment