New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, August 6, 2012

Long Run + Recap

August 5th: 8am wakeup. Out of bed to change up for a long run to finish up the first week of marathon training. Checked the weather before I left and it was 76 with about 70% humidity. Thought it might be a good idea to have someone met me at 10 miles with some fluids. Made a Nalgene of Gatorade and coordinated with my dad a location and time to met me with it. 15.25 miles (1:39:57). Solid run. I was drenched by 2 miles. The water stop with my dad was a lifesaver. Took aa shot of Clif Bar fuel and about 8 ounces of Gatorade. Last 5.25 miles in 32:12. Happy to be back and pop in the outdoor shower to cool off. Iced for precautionary matters.

Big ole breakfast with everyone. 10+ blueberry pancakes with some bacon. Chilled out for a while. Watched the women's marathon from the morning on DVR. Took a nap for a couple hours after that because I was falling asleep at the end.

Woke up at 6pm. Chowed down on potato salad and watched some television with the family. Good fellas. Ice cream sandwich. Storm came rolling in so I had to wait it out before I could leave for NY. Cupcake before hitting the road. Home by 11:40pm. Bed by 12.

88 miles for the week and looking forward to another solid week with Cigna 5k on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment