New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Not Sore? Sweet.

August 15th: 5:35am alarm goes off. Did not want to get out bed. Finally up at 6:05am. Out the door at 6:25am. I was just gonna run a short morning run to get back in time for work. I "explored" (aka made up a route). I ended up with 4.5+ miles (33:44) and back by 7am.

Slow moving to make lunch and shower. Work 7:50am-4:20pm. Home by 4:45ish. Decided to run later in the evening for the 2nd run. Threw in a load of laundry (running clothes). Washed the rest of the dishes in the sink.

Out the door for a run at 6:35pm. I had to run a wittle (yes a wittle) bit more than Goupil so he left about 7 minutes after me and run the same loop, but cut off a mile detour. Literally perfect timing at the intersection. He had run 1.65 miles, I was at 2.65 miles. Pow! 8.5 miles (59:01). No real soreness from yesterday's workout. Surprising, but not gonna complain.

Back to the apartment to stretch, foam roll, and strength training (push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups). Started making dinner. Showered while my yellow squash, mushrooms and onions sautéed. Cooked up some rice and chicken. Made two helpings. One for lunch tomorrow.

Watched some television. Big Bang Theory. Grabbed my laundry before bed and passed out by 10:30pm.

13+ miles on the day and all recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment