New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Local 5k

August 14th: 5:50am wakeup. Out for a run by 6ish. Easy 2.5+ (20+) because I had to get to work earlier today for an "urgent" project. Stale Honey Nut Cherrios for breakfast. Work 7:15am-4:15pm. Project went well and the day went by fast. Beans and rice for lunch. This is becoming a staple meal for me because it's short prep time and friggin delicious. Home by 4:45pm. Picked up my Runningwarehouse package from the office. 3 new pair of shorts! Yay! Light blue, red and grey. All different brands (Nike, Brooks, and BOA).

Goupil and I decided to do a workout at the local 5k right down the road (1/2 mile away). Ate a Nature Valley Bar to hold me over for the run. Finally chose the shorts I wanted to rock for the run.

We were lazy and drove over the parking lot that was ridiculously close. Parked at Hannaford's because there was too much traffic close to the starting line. Walked over and registered. I only had $24 dollars and the entry fee was $25. They let it slide. Dropped off our stuff at a nearby tree and warmed up 2 miles (14+) around the neighborhood. Stopped at a mile to take advantage of the open bathrooms at the baseball field/park area. Popped into a trail to cut it back to the starting line. We cut it close and had about 5 minutes to spare to get to the line. The workout was 1 min on, 1 min off to keep me from racing it too much. Ended up sub 15:50. Sweet. Felt way better than Cigna and the weather was less humid/overcast. Cooled down 3 miles (21+) and stopped at the refreshment table. Cup of Barq's root beer and waited for awards. A trophy. Cool, I guess. The raffle winner won a gym bag with an iPod shuffle in it. I receive a clear trophy. Not fair.

Home to eat a bowl of Autumn Harvest and went to bed at a reasonable hour.

10.5+ miles on the day and a solid effort to run on tired legs for the track workout tomorrow.

And yes, I look like a zombie.

No comments:

Post a Comment