New Bedford

New Bedford

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Learn To Properly Use a Gas Station

March 30th: 5:15am wakeup. New Go Lean Cinnamon Crisp for breakfast. Lunch already packed from the night before. Salad with chicken divided into multiple tupperware containers. Reasoning behind this is obvious. Keep the tomatoes seperate to avoid making the lettuce soggy and the chicken can be heated separately. Work 6am-2:30pm. Slow day overall and it felt for a Friday. Realized I probably walk about 5-8 miles a day at work. Solid cross training. Home to pack up and run a bit. Talked with my sister, Katie (One of two that reside in California), before heading out for a run.

Easy 4+ miles (29:39). Ran through the high school/middle school campus with my purple short shorts and blue tye-dye long sleeve. No comments. Back to stretch, finish washing the dishes from the night before, and foam roll. Showered and shave before gathering up everything for the weekend. Made a list at work in order to avoid forgetting any essentials. Helped a bunch. Goupil home at 4pm.

"On the road" at 4:45pm. Attempted (key word) to fill up my tank at the local Sunoco in Clifton Park. Terrible idea. It was a madhouse at the pumps and this was all to get 10 cents off a gallon with my Fuel Advantage card from Da Choppa. After waiting a solid 7-8 minutes, I was able to pull up to a pump. Slide my card. Not accepted. Worked a second time because I had to press the "I have a Fuel Advantage card" button on the screen. 10 cents off. Bring the nozzle over my car's gas tank. Nozzle didn't reach. Short by a foot or so. A truck (facing my car, hood to hood) was at the pump adjacent to mine so I couldn't pull up any closer. Put the nozzle back down. 10 cent discount eliminated. I was fed up at this point and as I was retreating back to the driver's side door, the owner of the truck exited the convenient store and began to fill up his truck. You got to be kidding me? What was he doing all that time inside? Proper gas station ediquette is not emphasized in New York. Left in a huff. Back on the road 15 minutes later and stopped off at another gas station in Troy, NY. Success, but expensive since I lost my savings from my card.

Officially en route to Keene at 5:30ish. Arrived in Swanzey at 7:30ish. Dropped off Goupil and headed to Jaffrey to stay the night at Kimber's apartment. Chicken parmagina with green beans and yellow squash over spaghetti for dinner. Mmm. Relaxed the rest of the night and bed by 10:30pm. Shooting for a 6:30am wakeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment