New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, March 5, 2012

End On A Good Note

March 4th: Officially slept in today. 8:30am wakeup. Rolled out of bed. Immediately drank some Gatorade because I almost felt hungover from the late night fried food and the 2 beers I drank last night. Brandon and Mel left around 9am to head back to Mass. Goupil and I ran an easy 5+ (36:12) a little bit later. Back to stretch, foam roll, and shower. Leftover belgium waffle with jelly, butter and syrup for breakfast. Made a trip to the laundromat (2 huge loads full of running clothes, socks, boxers and other articles of clothing). I was low on the essentials. Right after, I scooted over to Da Choppa. Bought a ton of food because I basically had nothing in the cabinets. filled my tank with gas (20 cents off with the Advantage Card). Back at 3:30pm to just sit down for a bit before heading out for a planned progression 10 miler.

4:45ish out the door. Goupil wasn't feeling it from the start so I ran away with it at 5 miles. Goupil cut the loop to make it 8 miles or so. The run turned out solid. It was the 10.4 mile loop. First 5.25 was 35:36 (6:47/mile). Last 5.15 was 28:34 (5:33/mile). Total time 64:10 (6:10/mile). Felt smooth and relaxed. Back to stretch, foam roll, and ice. Goupil hit up the grocery store and Redbox. I cooked up some chicken quickly and laid it over a salad with cucumbers, tomato, and mozzarella cheese. Thousand island dressing. Diet back on track. The salad hit the spot while we watched The Change Up (grownup version of The Parent Trap). Funny shiznit.

Bed by 10pm.

75 miles for the week. Back up from the down week last week. 4 miler this weekend in Syracuse. Should be a good tune-up for the New Bedford Half in two weeks on March 18th. Chyeahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment