New Bedford

New Bedford

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Wednesday Workout in Albany and TCBY

May 16th: 5am wakup. Back to bed after snoozing a few times. Somehow I turned off my alarms and finally woke up at 5:40am. Uh oh! That's usually when I leave. Jumped out of bed and somehow out the door with breakfast made, dressed and lunch made by 5:50am. Quick day at work and home by 3pm.

Didn't have any running shorts left so I needed to do a load of laundry. I thought I had enough quarters for a wash and a dry, but I didn't. Of course. I was able to start a load in the washer. So I stopped off at the post office to send some letters out, then to the bank to grab a roll of quarters and deposit my winnings from my Read Write Run 5k a couple weeks ago. Ca-chang! Back to the apartment to clean up the kitchen and switch my laundry to the dryer at 4:30pm. Goupil home at 4:45pm and ready to go just before 5. I took out a dry pair of running shorts and turned the dryer back on because it still had another 30 minutes to go.

Out the door at 5:10pm. At UAlbany by 5:30ish. First time we were ever on time and actually early by 15 minutes. Passing showers and a college workout delayed us a bit. Prewarmup at 5:40pm. 2.5+ mile warmup (20:16). Strides and switched into flats for the workout. 4 sets of 200, 200, 400 with full rest. 33, 33, 70, 33, 33, 67, 33, 32, 63, 30, 31, 64. Solid workout and felt good to get after it on the last couple sets in the 400s. 2+ (16:11) mile cooldown with Goupil and another teammate, Andrew McCarthy. 9 miles on the day. Stopped off at Josh's house to pick up Karen for The Country's Best Yogurt (TCYB). First time for Goupil and I. Strawberry and cake batter twist with brownie bits, cookie dough bits, sour gummy worms, and hot fudge. 6 bucks for my 12 ounces of frozen yogurt. Yum. That was dinner. Dinner of champions!

Home to shower, pick up my laundry down the hall (still in the dryer, phew!) and bed at a decent hour. Great dinners for the week so far. Cereal. Bagel. Frozen yogurt. Staying light for the weekend race.

No comments:

Post a Comment