New Bedford

New Bedford

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Keene Always Puts Me In A Good Mood

May 18th: 5am wakeup. Oatmeal for breakfast. Finally Friday and excited to travel over to Keene that night. Made the day fly by with no complications. Work 6am-2:30pm. I hadn't opened my Stonyfield Yogurt all week. Decided to bring the whole thing for lunch. I wasn't planning on eating the whole 2 pounds, but something happened. A co-worker made the bold mistake of challenging me to finish it in 20 minutes. Goupil immediately questioned on why you would give me that much time. So he knocked it down to 10 minutes. It was somewhat of a joke, but I accepted silently and with confidence. Less than 5 minutes later, I was scrapping the bottom of the container. People were shocked, except for Goupil. 32 fluid onunce of strawberry yogurt gone. Like a champ. People don't understand my relationship with food especially yogurt. I have lived on it since my childhood.

Home by 3pm. Serious cleaning in the room and finished the dishes to return Sunday to a clean apartment. Packed up a couple bags quickly. Goupil home by 4:30pm. Room was left spotless. Made a quesadilla and finished off most of my veggies and cheese. Borrowed a tortilla for Goupil because we cool like that. That's what kind of roommates we are. Pow!

Out the door at 5:15pm to travel over to Keene. Blasted the jams most of the ride. Fell asleep for the first 20-30 minutes of the trip. Hit some traffic through Troy. Experienced some terrible drivers. Started to cruise through Vermont and arrived at the Lake House by 7:15pm. 5 mile shakeout run (34:55) with Goupil along the railroad bed. Felt amazing to run on the Keene roads, trails and breathe in that New Hampshire air. Very relaxing run and back to stretch. Kimber picked me up after dinner grocery shopping in Keene.

To Jaffrey to stay the night at Kimber's apartment. I showered up while Kimber made a scrumptious dinner. Broccoli, chicken with garlic and parsley, and Gemmilli pasta with a lemon butter sauce. Mmm mm mm! Dinner at 9:30pm. Cleaned up. Washed the dishes because Kimber cooked. Teamwork! Bed by 10:30pm. Rest up for a New England Grand Prix race in Bedford, NH. 12k. Strange distance. Should be interesting. Will be nice to test out my fitness on some serious competition after the last few local low key 5k's.

No comments:

Post a Comment