New Bedford

New Bedford

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Movie Night #2 (No Cable)

May 8th: 5:10am wakeup. Burrito rushed me to the bathroom immediately. Frosted flakes for breakfast. Another burrito for lunch with the addition of mango salsa. Work 6am-2:30pm. Home to relax. Did not have anything to do other than some dishes. Loaded the dishwasher. Rained all day so I was not looking forward to the run. Set up a run with Derrick at 5pm. 

Drizzling rain for the start. Half tights and a pullover for clothes to keep the rain off the core of the body. Met Derrick a mile out. Normal loop. Goupil turned off to make it 7. I continued and made it 10 miles (69:41). Rain held off pretty much. Burrito forced me to stop behind the bank in the woods and at the port-o-john through the Chen school campus. Good run. Solid start to the week for mileage. With 65 miles last week as a down week/travel weekend, I am looking forward to packing in some miles this week.

Back to apartment to stretch, foam roll, and shower quickly. Planned early movie start to get to bed at a decent hour. Tossed the rest of my burrito mix on the stove. Into a tortilla with cheese and mango salsa. Captain America showing at 14J living room at 7pm. Enjoyed the first hour and 40 minutes of it until I dozed off and missed the last 15-20 minutes. I iced my calves towards the end of the movie to attempt to keep myself awake (and obviously the benefit of icing). Failure. Once I stopped icing, I was passed out. Once I awakened from my slumber as the credits were rolling, I retreated to the bedroom after brushing the teeth for some quality sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment