New Bedford

New Bedford

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Under The Weather

December 20th: Normal wakeup time. Cereal for breakfast. Work 7:45pm-4:15pm. Goupil and I carpooled to work today. I ate a big salad for lunch around 12pm. At about 3pm, the salad sank to the bottom of the my stomach and I started to burp up the peppercorn ranch dressing.

We made it home by 4:45pm and I immediately laid down in my bed. Chomped down a few Tums and fell asleep to The Decemberists radio station on Pandora. Woke up at 5:40pm overheating and watering in my mouth. Uh oh. Ripped off my winter hat (I was sleeping in it) and stripped down to nothing on top. Quick paced walk to the bathroom and tossed the rug to the side. My whole salad back up into the toilet bowl. A few ralphs and good to go. I attempted to get refreshed by brushing my teeth, gargling with mouthwash, blowing my nose (pieces of spinach and lettuce were leaving my nostrils), and disinfecting the toilet. Out to the kitchen to eat a half a banana and drink some Gatorade. I felt much better and decided to change up for a run.

Goupil and I headed out. Goupil didn't make it out of the complex because of his ankle. I continued to do the 5 mile loop. I made it a mile and stopped. Took a few deep breaths and continued on for another mile. 2 mile mark, I was feeling worse and plopped myself on the edge of someone's lawn. Just laid there all sprawled out hoping that I could just get picked up. I mustered up the energy and finished another 2 miles back to the apartment. 4 miles (31:00) and felt terrible. I was totally light headed and freezing. I showered eventually and had no appetite. Off to bed early.

Spent the first 4 hours of the night tossing and turning with a fever that finally broke at 2am. I sent out an email to the Global manager and my project manager of Colden to let me know my situation. I was gonna see how I felt in the morning to decide on whether to call in sick.

December 21st: Wasn't feeling good and slept in until 9ish. Vegged on the couch all day. I made myself a couple protein shakes with bananas (to give it some substance). Finally feeling better around 3pm and started to move around (pack up for my sister Sarah's house for the weekend/BU mini meet). Made it to my sister's in Leominster by 7:15pm.

Ham and cheese sub for dinner. I added some mild hot pepper relish to it because I was feeling much better. Bed by 11pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment