New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Back To The Grind

December 17th: 6:30am wakeup. Cereal with almond milk for breakfast. Work 7:30am-4pm. Home to relax and cook up about 4 pounds of chicken for the week before the run.

Set up three frying pans with olive oil/butter combo. Three baths for the chicken. Flour. Egg. Breadcrumbs. Fried up almost all the chicken. Set off the smoke alarm in the process a few times (Goupil wasn't very happy).

Changed up for a run at 6pm. Goupil kept it shorter and I continued for 9 miles (61:28) at an honest pace. Back to the apartment for stretching, foam rolling and showering.

A couple pieces of chicken with BBQ sauce and ranch dressing for dinner. Chilled and bed at a decent hour.

December 18th: 6:20am wakeup. Bowl of Go Lean Crisp with almond milk. Work 7:30-4pm. Salad for lunch with chicken.

Home to chill and get going for a run. It was raining, but kinda warm out. Out for 10+ miles (66:44). Solid run and we had a handful of white chocolate chips for fuel beforehand. Back to stretch, foam roll and making a protein shake with the Magic Bullet. So good.

Gym for a quality session. Killed some reverse bench press (weight not important since it really only matters to me). Back to the apartment for another protein shake, shower and bed.

December 19th: 6:40am wakeup. Cereal for breakfast. Work 7:30am-4pm. Another salad for lunch.

Home to prepare for a workout (last workout was just over a month ago). Changed up and ready for a quick workout (3x1000, 6x200). I was afraid of the speed and the shorter intervals, but it went surprisingly better than I thought. We did have 800 rest between 1000s, but still a confident booster. 3:04, 3:01, 2:59, 33, 32, 31, 31, 30, 29. Everything felt effortless and I was able to change gears smoothly. 3+ (23:05) mile warmup. 3+ mile (25:00) cooldown that was run solo and slow. I had to stop at one point because I was overheating and felt like I was gonna "toss my cookies." It was weird, but I made it back to the car safely. Might be a precursor to my future episode.

Back to stretch, foam roll and take a extra hot shower. Bed. Passed out.

And I saw this on the television as I was channel surfing. Sweetness!
The name of the show is like really really close to my blog name.

No comments:

Post a Comment