New Bedford

New Bedford

Friday, December 14, 2012

San Francisco Travel Day

December 5th: 3am wakeup. Instant packet of oatmeal for breakfast. Out the door to met the cab driver at 3:30am with my luggage. He started driving out of the apartment complex and the cab driver seemed to have lost his way. Drove through the shopping center and made it onto the highway safely. Arrived at the airport by 3:50am.

I attempted to grab my boarding passes and check in at the kiosk. The screensaver was up on one of the kiosk (Windows XP) so I thought I could use it. Once the clock hit 4am, they all illuminated to United Airlines screensavers and I was able to check in. The lady at the counter printed out my two boarding passes (connecting flight in PHIL). I began walking away when I realized that I had two of the same boarding passes (both Albany to Philadelphia). I retreated back to the counter to clear up the mistake. I ended up having to go down to US Airways counter (sister airline to United) and have them print out my boarding pass for PHIL to SAN FRAN. Phew! A speed bump I wasn't expecting, but no worries. Made it through security without a problem. Stopped at Starbucks for a strawberry smoothie and a classic cinnamon twist. Boarded at 5am and off to Philadelphia. Took a nap for a short time on the puddle jumper.

Landed in Philadelphia and made my way to my next gate. I had to ask because I wasn't seeing any signs for Gate D. The shuttle was required. Made it on the next one with no waiting time. At my next gate (D9) without any hassles. Decided on Dunkin Donuts everything bagel with cream cheese since it was gonna be a 6+ hour flight. Boarded and on my way to San Francisco! The flight consisted of blog updates, naps, games on the iPad and iPhone, some radio music and watching the various episodes of television shows available on the flip-down monitors throughout the cabin (How I Met Your Mother, Animal Hospital, 20 Under 20, etc).

Landed in San Francisco around 11am. Picked up by my sister Erin to met everyone down at Super Duper for burgers, fries and a milkshake. Mmm. Better than Five Guys. Cheddar cheese, avocado, grilled onions, portabella mushroom, lettuce, tomato. Off to check out Katie's apartment down a couple blocks. Used the bathroom because it was much needed after the long flight. My intestines was turning over from the oatmeal, smoothie and bagel, but I managed to have 1.5 cans of ginger ale (with some orange juice) and not go to the bathroom on the 6 hour 7 minute (airtime) flight. I didn't even get up once to stretch out my legs.

Over to Erin's apartment to say hi to everyone and just relax the rest of the day.

Downtown for a bit to window shop and grab a super burrito at Los Hermanos. Brought me back to Armadillo's in Keene. Packed full of fillings and wrapped in aluminum foil.

Day off from running.



No comments:

Post a Comment