New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Target Run + Recovery Week (Monday-Friday)

November 26th: 5am wakup. Left by 5:30am to make it work in NY by 8am. A couple glazed donuts at D&Ds. Work 8am-4:30pm. Homemade chili from my mom and an Italian Stallion panini from the cafeteria. The toll person gave me an extra dollar, but I realized it after I drove off since I paid with a 20 dollar bill. This justified buying food from the overpriced cafe at work.

Stopped off at Target on the way home to pick up "a few things." Left the store with $120 dollars worth of stuff. Some great deals and everything was a necessity. Laundry detergent, mouthwash, some medicine, boxers, cereal, milk and Clif Bars. The Clif Bars purchase was 34 dollars worth. Target was running a deal I couldn't pass up. Buy 3 or more boxes (12 Bars) of Clif Bars and receive a $5 gift card to Target. Boom. Done. Chocolate brownie and chocolate chip.

Home to relax and decide to take another day off because it was already 5:45pm and my legs could use another day off. No workouts for me for a couple weeks. Just focusing on getting some miles in until my legs feel fresh again. I am thinking by towards the end of the December I will be good to go.

Made some burrito mix for dinner and headed to bed at a reasonable hour.

November 27th: 6am wakeup. Oatmeal for breakfast. Work 7:30-4pm. Easy day at work. Burrito mix for lunch. Clif Bar. Home by 4:30pm. Relaxed until heading out for a run at 6pm. 9 miles (63:38) with most of it with Goupil. I was thinking I was cutting off more, but I ended only cutting off a mile. Oh well. A solid run on my day back.

Gym at 8pm. I hadn't worked out in just over a week so it was slightly painful, but good to get back at it. Home to have a protein shake for dinner because I was too tired.

November 28th: 6:15am wakeup. Eggs for breakfast. Another helping of burrito mix for lunch. Work 7:30-4pm. Home to relax and drive over to Shen High School with Goupil to watch him TT (time trial) another 2 mile. Derrick was already working out and was finishing up his own. I was there for moral support and easy running. It was pretty dang cold outside so we bundled right up. Legs took a couple miles to warm up and I could feel my right calf tighten up. I think I could use a professional massage soon.

Home to thaw out and take an extra hot shower. Dinners have been lacking lately because of the late running/energy to make something. Bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats for dinner with some delicious creamy whole milk. Mmmm.

November 29th: 6:30am wakeup. Cereal for breakfast. Work 7:30-4pm. Home to chill and run with Goupil. I forget what I had for lunch, but it couldn't have been that exciting. 9 miles (NT). Cereal for breakfast and no gym. Delayed it one day because Goupil and I ended up chatting for a bit after the run while stretching. It happens.

Bed at some point.

November 30th: 6:40am wakeup. Cereal for breakfast. Work 7:30am-4pm. I took advantage of a giftcard from work to buy lunch. 677 Prime sub. Really good and kinda spicy. Home to run 9+ miles (63:03) with Derrick and Goupil. Gym after some stretching and putting on longer shorts. Decent day and I was ready for the weekend to start. I am not sure what I had for dinner, but I think I just had a bowl of cereal.

Solid Monday through Friday. California next week (December 5th-12th for my sisters wedding!).

The police car was in our complex for some reason. Goupil had mentioned that there were some state troopers at our complex in the morning the other week. Don't worry, my apartment complex is safe.

The other one is my fridge on Monday before Target. Kinda empty.

The tupperware is an avocado skin that was sitting in my car what a super long time. Just three it away





No comments:

Post a Comment