New Bedford

New Bedford

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

BU Mini Meet/Long Run/Shopping

December 22nd: 7:45am wakeup. Oatmeal for breakfast. Off to Boston at 8:30ish. Arrived at 10am. It took me like 15 minutes to find a parking spot since the main parking lot is under construction. Parked on Commonwealth and tossed in a couple quarters (2 to be exact for 24 minutes).

Checked in. 3+ (23:10) shakeout indoors. First event for me was the mile. I was nervous on to how it was gonna go since I hadn't raced indoors in almost a year (last time was New Years Eve 2011 at BU). Off the line well and rocked my new better fitting Nike Victories. Even splits. 2:14.xx, 2:13.xx for 4:28 and no closing speed. Felt good and relaxed. The 9 weeks of lifiting at Planet Fitness has really paid off. I feel much stronger at the shorter distances. Goupil mentioned my form did not break down and I didn't have my swinging right arm (I am sure it was still there somewhat, but much less noticeable). 800 2nd event and ran a 2:04. Nothing special, but solid speed. 11 miles on the day with all the warmups/cooldowns. Always a good time hanging with all the Keene guys and cheering everyone on throughout the day. Puts a smile on my face and gives me more motivation. Seeing all the levels of running keeps me humble and grateful for my successes in running.

Back to Leominster to chill and Kimber made the trip down from Peterborough to visit. Relaxed the rest of the night.

December 23rd: 9am wakeup. 9+ miles on my own (67:47) and another 5+ (44:00) partially with Kimber and the whole thing with my sister Sarah. The rest of the day was filled with Christmas shopping. Lots of fun, but tiring. Kimber headed out in the evening and then we headed back out to Dick's Sporting Goods and Marshalls/Homegoods for another couple hours.

60 miles for the week with a solid workout, promising double at BU for being early in the season, and a easy paced long run. One week at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment