New Bedford

New Bedford

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Overheating Is The Theme

January 9th: 6:45am wakeup. Toaster Strudel and a small bowl of Autumn Harvest for breakfast. The rest of the pulled chicken in a Pyrex container and a Clif Bar for lunch. Left the apartment at 7:10am to shoot to make it to the contractor training refresher at 7:30am. There were a few breaks along the way. I headed on my way and realized on the highway that no heat was pouring out of my vents. Next thing I see is my therometer rising to "H" and quickly. I pulled over and left the car cool down. A couple more stops before finally making it to work at 8am. Called Midas and spoke with them for about 10 minutes.

Normal day at work and kinda bumming about my car. Drove it to Midas after work. 11 miles took me about 45 minutes because of the frequent stops. I made it to Midas and the diagnosis was not good. A crack on the hose/plastic after the radiator and antifreeze was spraying out. Long story short (because just typing about it makes me sorta frustrated) is that it is left in the shop to get fixed.

Goupil picked me up around 5:40pm. Home to relax and change up for the workout. Out for the workout at 6:40pm. Workout was 600 (1:35), 200 rest, 400 (hard), 400 rest, 3x400 (full rest), 3x200 (full rest). 2.5 mile warmup. Workout went from solid to tired. 1:36, 64, 67, 70, 67, 38, 40, 40, 40, 42, 40. The 200s are long so they were about 7-8 seconds long depending (240ish meters). 3 mile cooldown. 10 miles on the day. I was overdressed somewhat so I guess I just wanted to be like my car and overheat. Oh well.

Foam roll, protein shake, long hot shower, and relaxing. No real dinner.

This is not how I spoke with the Midas guy, but this is the last minute of the episode yesterday when I was waiting for my oil change/tire rotation. I couldn't resist.

 
I really wish I was back on this day in October.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment