New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, January 14, 2013

Day Off + A Look Back

January 14th: Day off from running. Today consisted of constant eating. 6:30am wakeup. Slow cooker oatmeal for breakfast. Work 8am-4:30pm. Easy Monday. Pastry bought by a co-worker for me around 10am. Mentos. A raspberry fruit leather strip. PB&J. Clif Bar. Feta and rosemary Cape Code potato chips. A tupperware of chips and salsa (eaten with a fork). Another Clif Bar. A normal sized bowl of Autumn Harvest and Go Lean Crisp (mixed together). A protein shake before bed.

Grocery shopping with Goup. Tossed my eye round beef roast in the slow cooker for chimichangas for the week. Salt and pepper. Half a cup of water or so.

With all this down time today, it allowed me to take a glance back at my fairly successful year. Moved to NY for a full time job in the beginning of January. Ran a bunch of Grand Prix races in New England and New York. Won the Adirondack Grand Prix Series. Nailed a huge PR in the half marathon at New Bedford. Ran a wicked awesome marathon down at the ING Hartford Marathon. Challenged myself to a mountain race (more to come this year). Bought a huge amount of shoes. Involved in my first (and hopefully only) car accident. Kept the Subie running strong. Total miles ran: 3528. First time I have ever totaled my miles for a year of running. Learned a whole bunch about my training and my body that I will use for the future.

Here's to another productive and fun-filled year!

This is the slab of meat. Courtesy of Price Choppa.

2 comments:

  1. Hey i found a box of autumn harvest at target! Looks delicious. Cant wait to try it. I'm big on oatmeal too. Not sure how many grand prix races i'll end up doing...doesnt look like many as i am out of dh jones because of lacrosse (traveling to tufts with them that day). But definitely new bedford...for some reason i love that race and its my HM PR course...would like to lower that time a bit more this year! Solid year for you...keep up the good work and keep listening to your body...sometimes you do need to eat all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Kashi cereal. I will be at New Bedford. I've only run it once and I loved it so much. Can't wait to head back and try to lower my PR as well (it's a definite PR course).

    See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete