New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Workout, Sure Why Not

June 13th: 5:20am wakeup. Lunch already made and packed from the night before. Bowl of cereal for breakfast. Work 6am-2:30pm. Normal day at work. Some tool sign-offs to break up the day. Some frustration, but a positive day overall.

Home to relax for a couple hours. Washed some dishes. Chips and salsa. Prepared my dinner before heading to the workout in Albany so I could just cook it up when I got back. Headed out down to the UAlbany at 5:15pm. Figured out I can decelerate while I am on cruise control. I was pretty pumped because I thought I couldn't. Oh, and I love cruise control. I use it on my commute to and from work. I'm only on the highway for maybe 5 miles, but it's worth it. Put heat packs inside my calf sleeves for the ride over to loosen up the calves.

At the track by 5:45pm. Warmed up longer with Goupil and another teammate, Nick Webster. 2.5 miles (17:44) around campus. Bathroom break. Started up the workout after a couple strides. Goal was 800's between 2:40-2:45. Calves are still pretty sore (I am able to pin point the spots), but getting better. The controlled pace will be beneficial and basically do as many as I can up to 8 reps. I started up on the 2nd interval with the group. 2:39, 2:38. After these two, Josh Merlis was working out by himself at 2:30's. So I paced him through his 4th one in 2:31. Went with it and did the next 4 with him. I couldn't leave him out to dry the rest of the workout. Switched to 200 rest after this one (400 between the first 2 reps). Last 4 (with 200 rest between each were 2:30, 2:30, 2:28, 2:24. Josh finished with 2:22. Calves felt good surprisely. I think I needed the faster running to loosen up the legs. Happy with the workout for not expecting much. Glad I could help Josh out with his workout. 2.5 mile (18:09) for a cooldown. Chilled for a bit and packed up while we stretched. Munched on girl scout cookies that Josh brought for post workout.

Home just after 8. Tossed the burger on the stovetop. Sautéed up my choppped up portabella mushrooms and vidalia onion. Peppercorn ranch dressing and ketchup. Peach iced tea to rehydrate. Bed by 10:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment