New Bedford

New Bedford

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Flashback To My Marathon

June 12th: 5:20am wakeup. I really need to make an effort to get out of bed at 5am-5:10am. My alarm goes off, but I just don't wanna get out of bed. I will force myself tomorrow to do this. Oatmeal for breakfast with maple syrup. Double decker PB&J (with homemade jelly from my mom) and a Nature Valley bar. Another exciting lunch. Work 6am-2:30pm. Solid day at work. Went by much faster and walked down some tools at the end of the day. Split up the day.

Stopped off at Da Choppa for the biggest grocery shopping spree. 86 bucks. Bam! A whole bunch of veggies, chicken, ground beef, egg noodles, yogurt, milk, Nutri Grain bars, black beans, tortillas, orange juice, eggs, etc.

Home to put away the groceries and watch some television. Goupil home at 4:15ish. It was raining so we waited it out. Goupil got hungry so he decided to eat and run at 7pm. I headed out at 6pm. 10.5+ miles (70:26). Good run. Calves felt better, but still not there yet. The steady rain and warm weather brought me back to my marathon this past fall. My legs were junky the first couple miles, but I smoothed things out throughout the run. Poor choice on my part to wear my glasses and a shirt. I ended up wrapping my glasses into my shirt and tucking the shirt in my waistband. Worked like a charm for a few miles, but I was afraid my shirt would fall and my glasses would smash on the pavement or I wouldn't hear them when they fell. So I threw my glasses back on at around 6 miles. I took a quick loop in the Kinns Road Trails. Blasted up the steep hill. Calves actually felt better after doing this. I finished up the last 4 or so miles on a road I thought I wasn't on. I was supposed to make a right turn onto Bruno Road. Didn't happpen. It didn't change the distance, just the route. It confused me once I realized where I was. All good. Made it back. It might of been the foggy/wet pair of glasses.

Immediately jumped in the shower. Started making dinner in my towel. Lettuce with marinated chicken, fresh avocado, tomato, green pepper, and cucumber. Peppercorn ranch dressing. Delicious. Made enough chicken to make a salad for lunch the next day. Big Bang Theory and bed by 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment