New Bedford

New Bedford

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Blah Monday

June 11th: 5:20am wakeup. Extremely difficult to get out of bed, but I did. Go Lean Crisp with questionable milk for breakfast. Protein shake to try to bump the protein up to help with the recovery of the calves. Double decker PB&J and a Nature Valley bar for lunch. Work 6am-2:30pm. Day dragged on most of the day, but I got through it. Home to just sit around. I didn't feel like grocery shopping or really anything. I did stop off at Target to pick up a planner for a new running log and a yoga mat for stretching/rainy days. Purchased fruit snacks while I was waiting in line. I just sat on the couch and watched television. Goupil wasn't in any rush to run so we left around 6pm for our run.

11+ miles (73:14). Goupil turned around at 4 because it wasn't feeling it. I stopped at 4.5 miles and 7.5 miles to stretch the calves. Still sore. Slowly getting better, but still not totally healthy. Ripped the shirt off half way through because it was a bit humid out. Surprised to still roll out 6:30's for the run.

Back to stretch and foam roll like crazy. Iced the calves. Protein shake. Showered. Quesadilla with mushrooms and green peppers. Pineapple salsa. I didn't have anything else to eat. Bed by 10:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment