New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, June 7, 2012

All Alone

June 7th: 5:15am wakeup. Bowl of cereal and a half of a bagel for breakfast. Work 6am-2:30pm. Work dragged on a bit. Feet were hurting in the morning hours. Out of there to head straight home. Goupil headed home for the weekend so I was all by myself. Hung out and watched television for a while. Applied heat to the calves for a while, then sticked them hardcore.

Easy run at 5:40pm. 7 miles (50+). Stuck to a plan today to run easy and shorter than yesterday. Ran on roads and some trails at the Shen High School campus. Broke in my new (ordered them maybe a month ago) Mizuno Wave Elixir 6s. Felt good and the calves are slowly getting better. Stopped at 4 miles at a free lemonade stand on a side neighborhood. Helped me understand I am running for the enjoyment of the sport. No workouts until next week.

Back to the apartment to foam roll and stick my legs. Gave myself a haircut. Naked. Because I could. Trimmed up my facial hair. Showered. Protein shake. Made dinner. Leftover steak whipped up into a steak, mushroom, onion and cheddar cheese sandwich with peppercorn ranch dressing. Uhhh! Pounded it. Big Bang Theory and 2 Broke Girls. Bed early to rest up for a wonderfuul weekend in NH (specifically Jaffrey and Portsmouth with Kimber).

No comments:

Post a Comment