New Bedford

New Bedford

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Couch Potato

June 16th: 9:00am off the couch. I had woken up a couple times before this, but never made it to my room. Goupil had headed out for a morning run while I was sleeping. I ate some breakfast (bowl of cereal) and Goupil was back from his shakeout run. My morning plan was tag sales. I eventually got out the door at 10:30am to hit the neighborhoods. I did do some craigslist research and wrote down the addresses of ones I wanted to definitely visit. I ended up stopping at about 10 tag sales. Purchased a slow cooker and a floor lapp for $4 dollars. Ca-chang! And I grabbed a glass baking plate for free.

Back to the empty apartment by 12:30pm. I had all intentions of cleaning/organizing the apartment and doing all my laundry. I sat down on the couch and didn't want to do anything. I have traveled the last 3 weekends and I just wanted to veg out! So I did. Hardcore. Watched some television movies. I was switching between many of them (I am a constant channel flipper, I don't like commercials all that much) so I don't even remember what I was watching. Made myself a scrumptious tomato and avocado grilled cheese with peach iced tea. Nutrigrain bar and a banana as well for a snack.

Finally mustered up the motivation for a run at 6pm with nothing accomplished on the day. It gave me a mindset of doing something faster for the run, but I didn't know what. I was just running a random route. I found myself at 4.5 miles (28:45) in front of the Shen High School track. I decided on a paced mile. No wait, a paced 2 mile at a controlled effort. Stretched the calves and was on my way. 77, 77, 75, 76, 76, 77, 76, 76. 10:13 (5:06.xx, 5:06.xx). Sweet. Felt good, relaxed and the calves felt the healthiest yet so far. Positive thoughts. Cooldown of 3.5 miles (22:10). Overall just shy of 10 in 61:08. Cool.

Back to foam roll, stretch, ice, shower, protein shake and ate some pork lo mein for a late dinner. Netflix movie, Half Nelson. Good movie. An independent film with Ryan Gosling. Drug addiction as a teacher. Once that was over, I continued to watch television. Watched the end of 8 mile to get pumped for a Sunday long run with Tom O'Grady. 18 miles in Latham. Paced last 6 miles in 6s. Should be fun. Bed by 12am.

No comments:

Post a Comment