New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Feeling Hot Hot Hot!

June 20th: 6:00am wakeup. Planned shakeout run at 6:05ish. I was shooting for a 20-25 minute run, but the egg parm was running through me faster than I thought. At about 10 minutes, it started to hit me. I made my way home and as each minute passed, I was seriously debating as whether as I was gonna go in my shorts. No woods anywhere. The last 50 meters I was waddling to the front door of my apartment. Two doors preventing me from relieving myself. Two keys tied within my shoe laces. Deep breathes and made it with no time to spare. 2 miles (15:21) in the new Nike Streaks. Flats didn't feel that great, but I think it was the fact that I wasn't feeling the run and it was early in the morning.

Another bowl of Wheat Chex with maple syrup for breakfast. Eggplant parm for lunch. Yogurt. Nature Valley Bar. Two Nalgene bottles. One with water. One with peach iced tea. Hydrating for the workout later in the day. Work 7:15am-3:45pm. Another day down.

Home by 4:15ish. Chilled out until about 4:45pm. Changed up for the workout. Left around 5:10ish to make it to the workout by 5:30pm. Met at the track. Warmup 2.5 miles (18:34) with Nick Webster. Much needed bathroom break inside the gym. Strides and started the workout. Goal was 2 sets of 1000, 800, 600, 400. 3:06, 400 rest, 2:28, 400 rest, 1:51, 200 rest, 73. 400 rest before the 2nd set. Quick water break. 3:11. Mmmm, not so good. 4000 rest. Treadway passed me through 600 of my 800. 1:52 through 600, then I closed in 40. 2:32. Stick a fork in it, I'm done. Core with Jodie Robertson (Olympic Trial qualifier for the marathon, 2:42). 2.5 mile cooldown (19:00). 11 miles total on the day.

Stopped off at TCBY by myself to grab 15 ounces of amazingness. Mountain blackberry and strawberry frozen yogurt. Raspberries, blackberries, kiwis, these mango pellets filled with juice or something, and chocolate chips. No picture because it was too crowded in the store.

Back to the apartment by 9pm. Relaxed. Showered eventually and vegged out. Bed by 11pm. I need to go to bed earlier. The problem with no roommate telling you to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment