New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, February 13, 2012

Big Weekend

February 10th: 5am wakeup. Goupil and I carpooled in the morning because we were both heading to New Hampshire that afternoon after work. Normal day at work. Felt organized and productive because we improved our efficiency by having me part "administrative" by typing up the Daily Safety Walks (DSW) and the Pre Task Planning sheets (PTPs) at the end of the day on the computer. I have been the past couple weeks unofficially, but now I am allowed to use the computer without be frowned upon. Our job description as a safety team does not include "being a desk jockey." It broke up the day well. I was able to type my notes up from 1:45pm-2:45pm. Out of there and back to the apartment to pack/clean before an easy 5.8 mile run (41:00). 2.5 hour drive over to Keene, NH. Goupil and I dance partied it up all the way with Lil Wayne radio on Pandora. Dropped Goupil off at the lake house and I headed to Kimber's for dinner. Relaxed the rest of the night.

February 11th: 7am wake up. 5+ mile run (33:31). Kimber made me breakfast by the time I made it back. French toast with fresh strawberries and real maple syrup. Chilled for the day until my second run (Kimber's first run). Kimber cleaned, made apple cake, and other odds & ends. Solid run 5.6 miles (48:43). Great run for Kimber. We were dressed pretty much the opposite. I had full tights, four layers on top, winter hat and gloves. Kimber had capri tights, two layers on top, and a baseball hat. She ended up rolling up her sleeves. She is running her second half marathon in May. Woohoo! Back to shower up before heading to Harlo's Pub for Valentine's/Birthdays celebration. New Castle, locally made English style pork sausages, mashed potatoes, and veggies. It was called Bangers and Mash! And it was bangin! Apple cake for dessert and bed early for the long run in the AM. Just shy of 11 miles. Happy to double and rest up on a Saturday.

February 12th: 7:15am wakeup. Single pack of instant oatmeal. Packed up the bag and over to Swanzey to the lake house for the start of the epic run. A mix of Beech Hill, The Clearing and Otterbrook. My three favorite runs. Cruised all the hills, almost attacked by the dachshund, and rocked the last mile in sub 5:30. Relaxed the rest of day by grabbing food (buffalo chicken), shopping with Kimber, and seeing baby Wilson before we got back to Clifton Park, NY. Bed as soon as I got home to prepare for the work week.

17 miles (1:48:11). Amazing run with Fyffe, Najem, and Goupil. Legs felt strong and fresh. 78 miles for the week. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment