New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, February 28, 2013

More Recovery

February 26th: 7am wakeup. I don't know what I was doing in the morning, but I made it out the house at like 7:50am. Work 8:15am-4:45pm. Double decker PB&J, yogurt, potato chips, banana, Nature Valley bar, and an Odwalla bar (from DH Jones).

Home by 5:15pm. Chilled on the couch before changing up for a run. Goup and I ran a quality 8 miles (57+) through some side neighborhoods along a main road. I barely made it back to the apartment. Oh wait, I made it to the parking lot. Ducked behind the car garage for a quick bathroom break. Inside to immediately shower. I think it's the addition of the Odwalla bar because it's high in fiber.

Cooked up a turkey burger and placed it on the roll. It wasn't that great on the roll (toasted it too early so it became too crunchy just sitting there, amateur mistake) so I switched to a tortilla about a quarter into the burger. Worked out well. Big Bang Theory and bed by 10:30pm.



February 27th: 6:10am wakeup. Out for a 4 miler (32:34) on my own at 6:20am. I wasn't expecting the couple inches of wet snow, but it felt good on the legs. Sidewalks and side roads weren't plowed yet so I stayed on those. Back to the apartment to get ready double time. Protein shake with some freeze-dried berries. So friggin good. Work 7:30am-4:45pm. An extra 45 minutes to help move some supplies from the HAZMAT tech training. Busy day overall that was nonstop.

Home by 5ish to chill out. Out for a second run at 7:30ish. 7.5 miles (53:34 ) on my own. Back to stretch, foam roll, and shower up. Made some burrito mix (rice, beans, veggies, hot sauce, salsa and spices) and threw it in a tortilla. Leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Watched some Duck Dynasty on TV and bed by 10:30pm. Exhausted. Crashed hard.

The double run definitely helped reduce the major soreness I was feeling from DH Jones. Workout tomorrow. Classic Keene State workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment