New Bedford

New Bedford

Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Miracle

February 11th: Didn't turn my volume up on my alarm so I just woke up at 7:45am. No breakfast. Changed up and carpooled to work (I drove because Goup forgot his keys at his mom's house) with no breakfast. Normal day at work. 8:30am-5:00pm. Buffalo chicken sandwich special for lunch. Home to relax and run later. Napped in my room, then on the couch. I changed up and waited for Goup. I feel back asleep and Goup never left his room. Stayed on the couch all night. My legs were pretty sore from skiing. Day off. Clif Bar as a snack at some point.

February 12th: 6:30am wakeup. Oatmeal for breakfast. Pasta and onions (hot sauce and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ) made simultaneously for lunch (notice the lack of creativity/flavor when I have a lack of groceries). Work 7:30am-4:00pm.

Home to search the Running Warehouse website for some deals since we were sent an email at the end of the day. 60 bucks for two singlets, a pair of shorts, and a winter skull cap. Run at 5:45pm. 9+ miles (61:27). Smooth run with Goup. Back to stretch, foam roll, and throw on some warm clothes for a trip to Da Choppa.

First item in the shopping cart was a thing of Oreos. Veggies, milk, cheese, tortillas, orange juice, a fresh piece of steak, chicken, Cape Cod potato chips (sweet and spicy jalenpeño), and other essentials. With all this shopping, I had a bowl of cereal and protein shake.

February 13th: 6:40am wakeup. Bowl of cereal. Pasta and veggies (tomato, avocado, onion, and mushroom) made in the morning for lunch. Work 7:45am-4:15pm. Late lunch taken at 12:45pm. Home by 4:45pm. Gavs was coming in to check out apartments for his new job in Albany. He was crashing on the couch for the night. Waited for him to stop in before heading out for the workout.

Out the door at 6ish. Goal for the workout was 6x400 and 6x200. Full rest. Quicker. We were hitting up the Par Del Rio straightaway track so it could go either way. Better than I thought. 67, 68, 68, 68, 67, 67 (about a second long). I had to empty myself out on the side of the road. I even split the bathroom break. 26 seconds. Boom. Some long 200's (with a exception of the last couple being a good estimate of what the 200 mark was). 38, 38, 38, 38, 30, 29. 2 mile warmup, 2.5 mile cooldown for 9 miles on the day.

Home to stretch, foam roll, and throw the steak in the oven while I showered. Sautéed up some mushrooms and onions for a solid 10-15 minutes (covered them the whole time just like my mom cooks em). Dinner and bed by 10:30pm.

February 14th: Valentine's Day. 6:30am wakeup. Just another day. Leftover steak with mushrooms and onions. The last couple days I have been spicing up my yogurt by throwing in pieces of banana in it, dipping my Clif Bar in it, and finally crushing up a few Oreos in it (like Yo Crunch).

Home by 4:45pm. Picked up the packages in the office. Wait, they weren't there. The office lady says the UPS guy has been leaving them inside the building (not the usual). Walked into my building and no sign of the packages by the mailboxes. Called the office and as they picked up, the packages were laying in front of our door. Found em! Ripped open my package and checked out all my gear. Put some motivation in me and I changed up immediately to try out my new Sugoi skull cap. Semi-exploration run with no planned route. Ended up with 9.5 miles (65:22).

Back to stretch, foam roll, and shower up. Protein shake. FaceTimed with Kimber because her new iPad came in today. Ending up stubbing my toe and ripping off the fungus extension on my right toe. Cut it off with my knife (pictures below, it's definitely intense). I just need to stub my left toe to remove the fungus off that nail.

Proceed with caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment