New Bedford

New Bedford

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Weekend in Massachusetts

April 27th (Saturday):  5am wakeup. 7 miles (57:49) with Sarah. Protein shake with goji berries and other healthy stuff for breakfast. Down to Boston to pick up my other sister, Erin, that flew in from San Francisco for the week. Starbucks before my parents arrived. Sarah ordered me some ridiculous drink with a banana in it.

The girls (sisters and mom) went wedding dress shopping while my Dad and I wandered to the North End. Checked out the local market, the Holocaust Memorial, street performances (dancing, modern jester, drumming on some pots and pans) and a fundraiser for Boston that involved about 100 people working out on one of the greens to music and a guy yelling to them what to do each exercise. Small salad for a snack at a local restaurant.

 Boston Strong.

I would check out crane work while walking around in Boston.

Home by 6pm to a delicious dinner Bob prepared for everyone. Homemade pasta, homemade sauce, turkey meatballs, bread, and other goodies. So friggin good. Chilled the rest of the night and crashed on the queen sized air mattress with Erin.

Vanilla ice cream with whipped cream and butterscotch caramel (and some real maple syrup).

April 28th (Sunday): 7:30am wakeup. Oat bran for breakfast. Down to Doyle Field by 9:40ish. Picked up the number and out for a warmup. 3 miles (20:53 + strides). Quick off the line and by myself soon. 15:51 on my own. No mile splits or anything. Just cruised. Jogged back to cheer on Bob (2nd), Sarah (1st woman) and Erin (killing the 5k on the roads). Long cool down divided into a couple sections. 8 miles total for a cooldown and 14 miles on the day.

Bob's face?

The rest of the day was relaxing. Mom's potato salad for lunch. Stopped at the Cider Mill (antiques shop). Checked out Sarah's wedding venue. Final stop was Kimball's for an early dinner and ice cream.

Fried fish sandwich.

Doubledae. Cookies and cream, vanilla peanut butter cup, and moose tracks. 
Peanut butter, hot fudge and whipped cream.

Dad and I secured my grill with some wire because it was possibly falling off. Cleaned the headlights before hitting the road back to NY. Home by 10:30pm.

77 miles for the week and a wicked awesome weekend with the family. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment