New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Little Extra Never Hurt

May 2nd (Thursday): 6:40am wakeup. Out for a quicker 3 miles (20:09) on my own. Back for a protein shake, foam roll, and a shower. Double decker PB&J and a Clif Bar for lunch. Busy day of meetings and whatnot so I had to eat during my meeting. Productive day and saw Eamon (local buddy) on site because he's a surveyor. Super bright day out today. Amazing weather.

Home by 5pm. Chilled for a while on the couch. Some blog updating and television watching. Changed up for a run at 6pm. Mapped out a 10 mile loop and wrote out the directions. Out the door by 6:30ish to start the 2 mile warmup, 5 x 30, 60, 90 and the remainder as a cooldown/tempo. Solid through 5 miles (29:53). Of course, I took a wrong turn around 6.5 miles. Realized I was running down the road. As soon as I took the wrong turn (left instead of right), a guy doing yard work decided to cheer me on. Something along the lines of "There we go runner! How many miles you running?" I responded with 10 miles. Continued with "You can hold that pace for that many miles? You're awesome, you're the best!" I just kinda smirked to myself and thanked him. I had to pass him again because I made a U-turn. Again, "Yeahh, runner!" Cruised the last 5k in 17:18 and completed my "10 mile loop" in 67:47. 11.62 miles after I mapped it out. 5:50 pace overall. Boom.

Stretched, foam rolled, protein shake, and washed some dishes/loaded the dishwasher. Straightened up the living room and kitchen before Goup made it home from his run. Some more television. X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Grilled cheese on a everything bagel with bread & butter pickles and ketchup. Bed by 10:30ish.


No comments:

Post a Comment