New Bedford

New Bedford

Monday, May 20, 2013

Tempo 10 + Clean Shaven

May 16th (Thursday): 6:20am wakeup. Out for an easy 3 miles (20:53) on my own. Beautiful morning with some brisk weather to wake me up. Back to stretch, foam roll and make myself a protein shake. Work 7:30am-4:00pm. Normal day at work. Some computer work, some field work. Ham, pepper jack, tomato and avocado wrap for lunch.

Home to pick up my Running Warehouse package right from the garage. No need for swing by the office by 5pm. It's like I have a house. Ca-ching! Ripped it open like a little kid on Christmas morning. Two new pairs of trainers (Kinvara 3 and Kinvara 3 Trail) and a couple pairs of BOA neon shorts. Boom!

 Brightness.

Nature Valley bar for a snack before gearing up for a classic Keene State workout. Tempo/progression 10 miler in about 58-59 minutes. Mapped out a course and ready to hit the pavement. Smooth run and cruised right through it. First 2 miles in 12:10 (6:05 pace). Next 2.35 miles in 13:50 (5:53 pace). Next 2.75 in 15:36 (5:41 pace). Last 2.9 in 16:18 (5:37 pace). 57:54 for the 10 miles with a couple of solid climbs along the way.
Lava Lamp.

Shaken, not stirred.

Inside to foam roll, stretch, and make myself a protein shake. Scheduled appointment for my respirator fit test the next morning so I had to hack off the facial hair. Here comes baby face Macknight.

Chilled and bed at a decent hour.

Billy Goat.
Baby Face.

No comments:

Post a Comment