New Bedford

New Bedford

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Beef Stew

March 25th: 6:30am wakeup. Protein shake for breakfast. Work 7:30am-4pm. Double decker PB&J for lunch with a Clif Bar Protein Bar. Nature Valley bar at the end of the day for a snack. Home by 4:30pm.

Cleaned the bathroom before making my way out the door for an easy 5 miles (34:28) with strides. Ughhh! I felt like I was slugging along. As well as feeling like I ran New Bedford only the day before (not 7). I mostly contribute that to my massage on Saturday morning. 90 minutes of amazingness. Except I did not do the post massage rituals. Not much hydration or stretching. Uh oh! Oops. But, I can feel the benefits of the massage in my back and hips. My hamstrings and calves were not too happy. Lots of stretching, foam rolling, and icing to aid in recovery and reduction in soreness.

Steak fajita for dinner. Made some beef stew in the slow cooker late night for the week. Mmm.


March 26th: Honey bunches of Oats for breakfast. Another double decker PB&J with a Clif Bar Protein bar for lunch. I had to eat it at my desk (which I never do) because I had a meeting from 11am-11:30am. Another meeting at 12pm. Oh well.

Chilled on the couch. 7+ miles (54:35) at 6:30pm. I stayed on the trails, baseball perimeter, and soccer fields to aid the recovery. Felt amazing even with all the puddles, mud, and slush. Cranked the last mile a bit in 5:57 to test the soreness. Good to go. Stretched, foam rolled, and iced again.

Beef stew with toasted rolls for dinner. I think it needs something else added to it, but pretty dang good. Goup home by 8:30ish. Caught up on the weekend and bed at a decent hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment