New Bedford

New Bedford

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Shut It Down

March 6th: 6:20am wakeup. I was gonna do a shakeout, but decided to hop back in bed. A couple eggs for breakfast with mozzarella cheese and hot sauce. Work 7:45am-4pm. Angel hair with spaghetti and meatballs again for lunch. Home by 4:30pm.

I popped onto the couch to relax for a bit. Passed out. Goup woke me up at 5:30pm and I rushed into my room to change up for the workout at the track. The goal for the workout was mile cutdowns with some 400's at the end. 3xmile and 4x400. Half rest. Warmup was solid. 3+ miles (23:46). Beautiful out with some light wind. Lacrosse practice was in session so it was a twlight workout session. Switched into my Nike Streak LTs. Strides felt smooth and ready to roll. 5:01. Jogged off. 4:58. Not so good. The goal times were 5:00, 4:50, then 4:4x. Attempted the last mile and stopped after a 79 first lap. Calves locked up after the first interval, but I thought I could push through the tightness. No dice. Waited in the car for Goup. Goup told me to just drive home (no point in risking anything on just a couple miles after a failed workout) and he would cooldown back to the house.

Foam rolled the crap out of my legs and used the Stick on them until my arms were sore. Iced my legs while I ate a Nature Valley on the couch. Showered, small bowl of Honey Cherrios and bed by 9:30pm.

6 miles on the day and the most important thing is to recover my calf muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment